Monday 2 April 2012

My Target Market - Teenagers

When I started making jewelry, I didn't have a specific market in mind. I didn't plan to appeal to a certain demographic, I just went for it. I usually just make whatever I feel like that day...which lately has involved, by and large, sprinkles, mustaches, candy, neon, and rainbows. 

I'd like to mention, that I am 25 years old. So okay, perhaps my tastes are a little...youthful...but plenty of adults love neon and sprinkles! I thought.

So anyway, I figured other individuals of my age would be my market. However, if my tumblr is anything to go by, the people who love my jewelry also love One Direction and the Hunger Games. That's right. Teenagers.

And as far as I can tell, it's pretty much exclusively teenagers. It's been a while since I was a teenager. Well, it hasn't been that long, but it's been long enough for me to have no idea what One Direction is. 

I have decided that I am going to embrace the teens, with their disposable incomes and love of rainbows.

Teens - these nails are for you!


Am I doing this right???

 Has anyone else found an unexpected market for your blog or products?

No comments:

Post a Comment